By Algernon Austin
This e-book is the 1st in-depth exam of the 25 million american citizens with the main extreme hatred of President Obama—arguably the main Republican-friendly of modern Democratic presidents—and what the mindsets of those "Obama Haters" educate us approximately race and ethnicity in the USA today.
• deals a critique of Obama from the left on his medical insurance reform, judicial and political appointments, civil liberties rules, academic reforms, and approach for facing African American concerns
• offers tough facts displaying that Obama Haters are so severe of their conservatism and of their anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim, and anti-black attitudes that during comparability, Tea occasion supporters seem to be moderate
• Boldly identifies techniques for facing white racial nervousness a couple of diversifying America
• offers empirically derived estimates of the share of the yankee public with powerful anti-black, anti-Latino, anti-immigrant, and anti-Muslim attitudes
Read or Download America is not Post-racial: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President PDF
Similar discrimination & racism books
Discourse and Discrimination is a learn of ways racism, antisemitism and ethnicism are mirrored in discourse. The authors first survey 5 validated discourse research ways ahead of supplying their very own version and 3 case-studies. Drawing on quite a lot of assets, they query why racism and anti-Semitism are nonetheless virulent world wide.
In the course of Reconstruction, former abolitionists within the North had a golden chance to pursue actual racial justice and everlasting reform in the United States. yet why, after the sacrifice made through hundreds of thousands of Civil conflict patriots to reach at this juncture, did the instant slip away, leaving many whites during the North and South extra racist than earlier than?
"Not all Founding Fathers rested after retirement from the Washington scene. Benjamin Franklin, the outdated Founder, retired and have become an elder statesman and in his final foray into public coverage, he turned president of the Pennsylvania Society for the Abolition of Slavery and used to be requested to enhance a plan for the advent of former slaves into American society.
From the South's competition queens to the significance of attractiveness parlors to African American groups, one can see the methods good looks is enmeshed in southern tradition. yet as Blain Roberts indicates during this incisive paintings, the pursuit of good looks within the South used to be associated with the tumultuous racial divides of the quarter, the place the Jim Crow-era cosmetics got here of age promoting the belief of make-up that emphasised whiteness, and the place, within the Nineteen Fifties and Nineteen Sixties, black-owned good looks outlets served as the most important websites of resistance for civil rights activists.
- No Mercy Here: Gender, Punishment, and the Making of Jim Crow Modernity (Justice, Power, and Politics)
- FOREIGNER 119
- Changing Inequality (Wildavsky Forum Series)
- What Can You Say?: America's National Conversation on Race
Extra resources for America is not Post-racial: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President
America is not Post-racial: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President by Algernon Austin