By Philip W. Harvey,David J. Everett,Christopher J. Springall
Despite being considered as the commonest toxicological objective within the endocrine procedure, the adrenal gland has usually been ignored in regulatory trying out. Adrenal Toxicology addresses the elevated curiosity in adrenocortical toxicology and the necessity for a source that makes recommendations on hand to envision adrenal endocrine disruption.
Examining present strategies and the newest developments, Adrenal Toxicology experiences the endocrinology, pharmacology, pathology and toxicology of the adrenal gland. this article offers info at the variety of substances and chemical compounds that have an effect on adrenocortical functionality and indicates standardized methods for in vivo and in vitro overview. This quantity additionally offers contemporary advancements within the molecular mechanisms of toxicity to the adrenal cortex and medulla, and considers environmental adrenal endocrine disruption in sentinel species.
- reflects the foremost advancements remodeled the earlier decade
- focuses at the most recent examine thoughts, together with their makes use of and limitations
- provides an built-in technique for adrenal toxicology evaluation
- identifies wisdom and knowledge gaps, delivering impetus for regulatory consideration
Read or Download Adrenal Toxicology (Target Organ Toxicology Series) PDF
Similar pharmacology books
An authoritative evaluate of the present cutting-edge realizing of the constitution and serve as of the adrenergic receptor subtypes, in addition to of the position performed through those receptors in physiological and pathophysiological settings. themes diversity from structure-function stories and the imaging of adrenergic receptors to using genetically altered mouse versions and pharmacogenomics.
This booklet covers the original program of move cytometry in drug discovery and improvement. the 1st part contains introductory chapters, one on circulate cytometry and one on biomarkers, in addition to a bankruptcy on contemporary advances in stream cytometry. the second one part specializes in the original demanding situations and further merits linked to using circulate cytometry within the drug improvement procedure.
Kinder und Jugendliche im Angesicht des Todes zu begleiten, stellt Ärzte vor besondere Herausforderungen. In dem Band sind ausgehend vom neuen Curriculum für die Palliativmedizin alle wichtigen Kenntnisse für die pädiatrische Palliativversorgung zusammengefasst: vom historischen Hintergrund bis zu konkreten Handlungsanweisungen.
Targeting clinical and sensible elements of technique scale-up, this source info the speculation and perform of shifting pharmaceutical procedures from laboratory scale to the pilot plant and creation scale. It covers parenteral and nonparenterel drinks and semi-solids, items derived from biotechnology, dry mixing and powder dealing with, granulation and drying, fluid mattress functions, compaction and tableting, and picture coating and regulatory specifications for scale-up and postapproval adjustments.
- Pediatric Pharmacotherapy Self Assessment
- Pharmacology for Nurses: Pearson New International Edition: A Pathophysiologic Approach
- Self-Medication and Society: Mirages of Autonomy (Routledge Studies in the Sociology of Health and Illness)
- The Pharmacology of Neurogenesis and Neuroenhancement: 77 (International Review of Neurobiology)
- The Wondrous Story of Anesthesia
- Seafood and Freshwater Toxins: Pharmacology, Physiology, and Detection, Third Edition (Food Science and Technology)
Extra info for Adrenal Toxicology (Target Organ Toxicology Series)
Adrenal Toxicology (Target Organ Toxicology Series) by Philip W. Harvey,David J. Everett,Christopher J. Springall